Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Waiting Game

Seems like a fitting post from a 37 week pregnant lady to write... but it was prompted by a great conversation that I had today with my husband.  Sometimes with all the modern niceties, the material things that we have and enjoy, with work, life, etc. I wonder if we are working for something, waiting for something that is in front of us to arrive instead of just living in today.  I know, I know, sounds cliche... live in the moment, or whatever way you may say it.  The "spark" for today is what if we just stopped waiting, as individuals, couples, society?  Would things be just a little happier in this world? On balance the people that I run into are more often than not, working for something, striving for something, worried about the future.  Maybe I just have those type of people around me, but it seems like such a cross section of the world that it is just how people act.  Why is it so hard for us, me included, to just celebrate the moment we are in and not wait for something that lies ahead?  I wish I knew.  But, in preparing for baby #2 at the Snavely house, I have a renewed commitment to stop the waiting.  These times for our family are only here once and I am going to live them versus wait for the next few to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment